SSPA - St. Stephen's Parent Association
The St. Stephen’s Parent Association is an association to which all St. Stephen’s families automatically belong. SSPA members meet monthly to organize school volunteers and support parent involvement in school functions. The fundraising branch of the SSPA raises approximately $55,000 per year for major school improvements. Some of these have included a new library, art room, technology upgrades and a new music room. Parental InvolvementParents are an integral part of our programs at St. Stephen’s Catholic School. This includes participation in the weekly masses, playground supervision, lunch room duty, classroom tasks and projects, fundraisers that provide money for: technology, school beautification, school-wide projects and unforeseen building upkeep.The St. Stephen’s Parent Association works to:
- bring together parents, pastor, principal and staff who are interested in undertaking cooperative efforts on behalf of Catholic education;
- foster a spirit of cooperation between the school and other parish organizations, and activities for the benefit of the school and parish community;
- promote programs for the growth and welfare of St. Stephen Catholic School and our students;
- generate financial support for the school and our programs;
- come together in a spirit of Christian friendship to share our talents and nourish the spirit of service among families.
The St. Stephen’s Parent Association requires each family give of its time by donating 40 hours each school year to one or more of the following committees. If a time commitment cannot be made, we accept a donation in the amount of $550 per family to opt out of your required services hours.